Whenever I'm in Sweden by my self I find it boring cooking everyday just for me. And as I'm gradually getting sugar out of my system before going on a diet, I want to know what I eat. So I cook at home.
Pre fabricated food gives me the creeps (you don't know what pesticides, amounts of salt and sugar etc they put in there)... Anyways it's just not what I like to feed my temple with if ya know whut I'm zayin'!
So the perks with home cooked meals aaaaare:
- healthy if you want it to be
- right proportions for YOU
- Knowledge of what it contains
Actually eating homecooked and planning your food intake is one of the keys to losing weight - know what, when and how you eat!
The downside is you have to cook it yourself hehe. And if you're not a great cook or just don't like to put much effort into it sometimes, like me, I'll give you some easy tips to go along with!
Eating this works like a charm when you want to cut sugars. It kind of fills that need a bit.
So what I do is this:
- Make a lot to storage in the fridge.
- When you come home from training you can pop in some salmon in the oven that is done in no time (Or if you like your proteins cooked before that's perfect too!)